Skilled staff, a clean-room environment and capital-intensive machines that allow for Injection Molding and Extrusions, and Tooling & Machining, make the BMC the perfect hub for research, development, production and assembly for both start-ups and existing businesses.
For both injection molding and extrusions, the BMC can prototype to R&D specifications, evaluate material applications, and offer consulting for a wide array of profiles to ensure repeatability for quality consistency.
A FDA registered business and ISO 13485 certified, we use certified medical-grade raw materials and are able to meet all component-criteria that could potentially create barriers to trade in the medical device industry of the future.
BMC provides the following services:
- Engineering: Design for manufacturing, drafting, prototype molds, production molds, jigs and fixtures
- Injection Molding
- Secondary Operations
- Assembly/Clean Room
- OEM manufacturing
- 3D Printing
When you need plastics to take the form of a mold, such as a syringe body or a close tolerance component to meet exact specifications, the BMC can exceed your needs.
We utilize sophisticated microprocessor-based, closed-loop control systems and can download your mold design CAD files (AutoCAD, Pro-E, Solidworks, SolidEdge, etc.) and convert them into compatiable data for CAM applications.
For cost-saving purposes on mold prototype tooling, we offer standardized quick-change mold bases that require only the purchase of an insert(s). These can be build out of P-20, H-13 or ask during your call for other specifications.
Our Injection Molding equipment includes the following Machines:
- 2 x 88 Ton Battenfield Horizontal machine
- 1 x 44 Ton Battenfield Horizontal machine
- 260 Ton Horizontal Borche machine
We are able to process the following materials through Injection Molding, including almost any alloy combination of the listed materials:
- Polyimide Lexan
- PPO (polyphenylene ether)
- PPS (polyphenylene sulfide)
- PBT (polybutylene terephthalate)
- PET (polyethylene terephthalate)
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene)
- PC (polycarbonate)
- Peek (polyetheretherketone)
- PES (polyethersulfone)
- PSU (polysulfone)
- PUR (polyurethane)
From IV tubing to multi-lumen catheters, the BMC can produce close tolerance extruded components of the highest quality to meet the most demanding engineering and manufacturing requirements.
BMC is capable of manufacturing medical-grade plastic extrusions up to 2" diameter and have spooling capabilities via a Progressive Spooler.
Our extrusion capabilities include:
- Multi-Lumen Tubing
- Standard Bell (Funnel or Bump) Tubing & Micro-Bore-Bell-Tubing®
- Micro-Bore Tubing
- Thermal Bonded Paratubing
- On-Line Printing (GEM Printer)
- Standard Contact Vacuum Sizing
- Non-Contact Vacuum Sizing
- Co-Extrusions with Color identification and Radiopaque stripping
- Medical Profiles
- Custom Designs
- Tape- Ribbon Extrusions
- 2" Genca Extruder with tank and cutter
- 1.5" Genca Extruder with tank and cutter
- ¾" Genca Extruder with tank and cutter
- Progressive Spooler
We are able to process the following materials through our extruders:
- Flexible Glass-Clear PVC
- Frosted PVC
- Rigid PVC
- Hydrophilic resins
- Proprietary resins
- Acrylic EVA
- Acrylic - Nylons
- Dow Pellethane®
- Colorite Flexchem® (A replacement compound for most silicone medical applications)
- Non-phthalates PVC (For medical devices requiring DEHP free plasticized compounds)
- Clear 80 durometer high molecular PVC
- Melt-process able rubber
We also work with Barium, Bismuth, custom & specialty compounds as additives in the extrusion process.
BMC's Secondary Operations help take care of the details that get your medical device closer to completion. Examples of further processing that take place in secondary operations include smoothing sharp corners and printing.
Our secondary operations capabilities include:
- Tube Tipping
- Hole Punching
- Tube Bending
- Butt Welding
- UV Bonding
- Solvent Bonding
- Tube Stretching
- Precision Tube Cutting
- Heat Shrinking
- Tube Coiling
- Device Assembly
- Medical Packaging
- Medical Labeling
- Pad Printing
- Custom fabrication assembly techniques available upon request.
Assembly & Clean Room Facilities
Contaminants kill and when you're in the medical device manufacturing industry contaminants can kill your business. Clean Rooms, for manufacturing and/or assembly purposes, greatly decrease the risk of contaminants and increase the effectiveness of both radiation and the ethylene oxide sterilization processes.
As a medical device manufacturer, you need to remember that components that go in to the sterilizer with containments carry a higher risk of not passing kill tests after they've been sterilized making your products unsalable.
Improve the effectiveness of your sterilization costs by using the BMC Clean Room facilities.
The BMC has Clean Room facilities that adhere to ISO 7 Class 10,000 standards include:
- 5,000 square feet, class 10,000 ppm clean room
- Mini Module class 100 ppm
- Sterile Hood 0 ppm
The BMC can facilitate Eto sterilization through a local sterilizer or Gamma sterilization through a North Texas preferred partner.
Tooling & Machining
BMC Tooling & Machining services specializes in developing the related tooling such as jigs, fixtures, injection and extrusion dies to produce medical products. Our state of the art equipment combined with qualified machinists, will deliver expertly tooled molds, medical fixtures and prototypes.
Time is Money
BMC's Tooling & Machine shop is able to modify / repair tools and dies that have been delivered to our facility out-of-spec or broken, and can quickly make modifications for prototyping or returning to a production capable status. This enables you to stay on schedule and minimize lost production and downtime.
Our Tool Room includes the following machines:
- 1 CNC 4-axis HAAS
- 1 CNC 3-axis HAAS
- 1 CNC Turning Center HAAS
- 2 Surface Grinders
- CNC, 3-axis Machining Center
- 12 Lathes; Hardinge and Colchestes, JET
- 10 vertical milling machines
- Precision Mitsui High Tech Grinder
- CNC Wire EDM
- Two Sinker EDM Machines
- Micro Tig Welding
- Various drilling, sawing and welding systems
- Bridgeport Milling Machines